If you think I altered the book cover for
Comparing Tim Pawlenty's cover and Governor Palin's, you can't help but notice the similarities. Courage to Stand was released over a year after the governor released Going Rogue.
Let's see how the two match up:
- The Subtitle for Governor Palin's book is "An American Life." Tim Pawlenty's subtitle reads, "An American Story."
- T-Paw's book tells you who he is - "Former Governor of Minnesota." Governor Palin's doesn't have to.
- Going Rogue sold more than 2.7 million by December 1, 2009, less than one month after it debuted. T-Paw sold 4,765 copies in the first week, but I'm sure sales picked up after the book tour was over, right?
- Both authors are wearing a red top.
- Both are standing against partly cloudy, blue sky background.
- I can't tell if the governor is wearing a Berry Santa Fe, or perhaps a Blazing Bronze shade of lipstick. However, it's pretty clear that T-Paw chose to showcase his lips in Jazzy Red.
Good luck getting those grassroots supporters, T-Paw!