Sunday, October 17, 2010

No, Carly Fiorina is Not Distancing Herself from Governor Palin (Update)

Last Saturday, Governor Palin gave an amazing speech to a packed house at an event hosted by the RNC in Anaheim. While the Conservative side of the blogosphere was praising the speech for its wit, message, and facts, the left-wing media in unison were busy writing the same story. That being the story they created within their own minds, that Carly Fiorina was "distancing herself" from Governor Palin during her visit. I'd post a link to back up my last sentence but there are currently at least a hundred out there, so just Google it.

It's sort of funny to watch one left-wing hack after another file reports implying that Fiorina thought Governor Palin was too "toxic" to be seen with. After all, Carly Fiorina has never implied that she was "distancing herself" from the Governor at all. Quite the opposite, actually.

On 'Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace,' Fiorina was asked by Wallace about this media created meme. Only Wallace played along with this garbage and said:
" I want to ask you one other question. Sarah Palin has been campaigning for Republican candidates in California this weekend. She endorsed you in the Republican Senate primary. You say you had a previously scheduled event.

I mean, isn't the real fact that you don't want to be seen with Sarah Palin because she's not very popular with independents and she, at this point, in a general election would hurt you, not help you?"

Fiorina replied (emphasis mine):

"I'm very proud of my endorsement from Sarah Palin, and I've said that over and over again. But the facts are that I had a previously scheduled commitment for months with a group of veterans and John McCain. I had a previously scheduled group of fundraisers and rallies.

Campaign schedules are complex things, as you can imagine. We got word of her trip very late in the game. And so I'm delighted she game to California. I know that she helped raise a lot of money. And we had commitments to keep as well."

Carly Fiorina was at an event for Veterans in San Diego with John McCain. That event was planned out months in advance. The RNC event in Anaheim was only recently planned. I should know... I had planned on attending on the day they announced it. That wasn't that long ago, and it certainly wasn't months ago. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I missed the event, even after I shelled out $127 for a ticket. Okay, I know that's entirely off-topic but I'm still miffed about it.

Anyway, the bottom line here is that the media is reaching and distracting (shocking, I know) from the actual speech that Governor Palin gave to that crowd in Anaheim. After CNN aired the speech and heard the response from those in attendance... I reckon a left-wing ideologue who habitually abuses their professional position of power to influence public opinion, had no other option.

Update: I just wanted to point out that perhaps the media is projecting some of their fear about the man they helped put into office, onto Governor Palin. After all, it's Barack Obama who members of his own party are distancing themselves from in this election cycle. Also, just ask Diane Denish, the Democrat candidate for Governor in New Mexico how "toxic" Obama is. After his visit to the state on her behalf, her poll numbers dropped like a ton of bricks. She now trails the Palin endorsed candidate, Susana Martinez by 12 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment